An effective security system is an important investment for any home or office. Your security system should deter burglars, catch intruders, and alert authorities in case of an emergency. To accomplish all of these things, you should look for several essential features.
With over 25 years of experience, Sentinel Security Solutions is the Central Coast’s leading security system company. We provide a wide range of security system solutions to meet the needs of our customers. We know what it takes to keep your property safe and secure. In this blog post, we’ll share the five things your security system must have.
1. Security: Sensors, Monitors, Glassbreakers. Security sensors should be the cornerstone of any security system. These devices detect a wide range of activities, from glass breaking to motion. Security sensors are designed to detect disturbances and transmit alerts to security monitoring. Many of these sensors are even pet friendly, so you don’t have to worry about false alarms when your furry friend enters the room. Monitors provide a window of communication between your security system and public safety authorities. They allow you to control your security systems remotely. Finally, many glassbreakers provide an extra layer of protection against break-ins that target vulnerable windows.
2. Life Safety: Panic Buttons and Medic Buttons. Life safety is also an important aspect of home security. Security systems should come with panic buttons and medic buttons that allow you to alert authorities in case of an emergency. Modern life safety solutions also allow users to integrate their security systems with medical alert devices. This allows you to get help even when you’re unable to press the panic button. It also gives medical personnel access to critical information, such as medical history and allergies.
3. Home Disaster: Fire Detectors, Flood Sensors, and Carbon Monoxide Detectors. Protecting against disasters, such as fire and flooding, is another important aspect of home security systems. Fire detectors alert you to smoke and alert authorities of a potential fire. Likewise, flood sensors detect moisture and alert authorities of catastrophic flooding. Carbon monoxide is a silent killer, so your system should definitely monitor for leaks to keep your family safe.
4. Home Automation: Light Switches, Door Lock, and Smart Thermostat. Home automation is an increasingly popular feature of security systems. Automation allows you to control your lights, doors, and thermostat remotely. Smart light switches give you the ability to access your lights from anywhere, and door locks control access to secured areas. Smart thermostats offer enhanced control over home temperature and can save you money on heating and cooling costs.
5. Property Awareness: Doorbell Camera, Outdoor Camera, and Indoor Camera. Be aware of what’s happening on your property at all times with user-friendly cameras. A doorbell camera acts as the first line of defense against petty theft and home invasion. Outdoor cameras offer a comprehensive view of your property and can add an extra layer of security. Indoor cameras are especially useful for monitoring a home when there is no one present. Indoor cameras can also be used for baby and pet monitoring. Plus, many security systems allow users to access their cameras remotely, giving them access to the videos anytime, from anywhere.
Need help installing a quality security system in your home or office? At Sentinel Security Solutions, our goal is to provide you with personal support and care while delivering the most advanced security technology on the market.